Business Development Managers help the company achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. BDMs personally contact and secure new business accounts/customers.
BDM Core Functions
Our BDMs promote, sell and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach. They must demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
BDM Job Duties
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organisation’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports as requested.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in networking, trade shows and conventions.